- GCSE Results 2016
- A-Level & BTEC Results 2015
- Achievement Evening 2015
- Early Closure for Open Evening - 29th Sep 2016
- Year 11 Information
- Caribbean Evening
- Turnstyles Academy comes to Holy Family
- Cambridge University
- School Expansion Consultation
- A Level Drama Performances
- Jack Petchey Awards
- INSET Day - 7th December
- Alice in Wonderland
- Sixth Form Open Evening
- Year 10 Work Experience
- Spring Table Top Sale
- Investors in People - Gold Status
- Year 9 Boys Borough Champions
- Dr.Stone visits Buckingham Palace
- Achievement Evening 2016
- A Level and BTEC results 2016
- The Great Fire of London Project
- So you want to be a doctor....?
- Pupil Leadership Team
- HFCS hosts Dutch teachers
- You're Hired
- Sixth Form Open Evening
- Christmas letter from Dr. Stone
- Ski Trip 2017
- Media Studies Trip to Disneyland Paris 2017
- Great Sporting Success
- Cairo School Visit
- IET Faraday Challenge
- Geography British Library Trip
- St. Patrick's Party
- Jack Petchey Winner
- Netball News
- Shining Success
- Student Vs Staff Sport
- Ice Hockey Success
- Parliamentary Reception
- Bouygues 2017
- BT Sports Trip
- Last Mass in Wiseman Chapel
- Holy Family Needs You!
- New Prefect Team
- Contributions Needed for Summer Fair!
- CALLING ALL STAFF, SIXTH FORMERS AND PARENTS
- Letter from Waltham Forest Secondary Heads
- Happy Summer Holidays! Summer Letter
- Summer School - Places Available
- Best Ever A-Level & BTEC Results 2017!
- Student Reactions to Best Ever Results!
- GCSE Result Success!
- Caribbean Night 2017!
- Cashless Catering Important Message
- Could you be a friend to Holy Family?
On Tuesday 6th December, Holy Family students who study business or economics were rewarded for their enthusiasm and effort in lessons with a visit from Paul Sullivan from this year’s Apprentice.
Despite the hard-faced, tough persona that Paul gave on his TV appearances, he was engaging, smiling and ready to get involved. He was asked a plethora of questions ranging from his favourite housemate, how long they had to get ready in the mornings before moving onto more business-centric questions, such as, how he managed to become the only investment banker in London without completing A-levels or a degree.
It was a fantastic chance for the students to meet a self-made entrepreneur, especially one who has made it from similar beginnings to themselves. Lots of students felt invigorated, refreshed and willing to start their own businesses (or continue expanding their fledgling businesses – Luxurious Blends Co – website pending and Cortex Technologies -https://www.cortextechnologies.co.uk/) after being inspired by the honest talk Paul gave.
The students were then split into three groups to do an Apprentice style challenge. Each group had 5 minutes to come up with a product to sell, a target market and an explanation of the void it fills in today’s society. Without spoiling some of the ground-breaking ideas that were formulated we had a recruitment service, a kinetic wearable charging device, and an all-encompassing delivery service, that were presented to Paul and the rest of the audience in true Apprentice style, before being grilled with some testing questions.
Some of our students couldn’t simply leave the visit for the short hour, and opted to stay behind to ask further questions (and grab a selfie!) to extend, enhance and improve their business acumen.
Hopefully this visit will reinvigorate our students and help them achieve the best they possibly can in all aspects of life. Who knows? Maybe we have a future apprentice star among us!