- GCSE Results 2016
- A-Level & BTEC Results 2015
- Achievement Evening 2015
- Early Closure for Open Evening - 29th Sep 2016
- Year 11 Information
- Caribbean Evening
- Turnstyles Academy comes to Holy Family
- Cambridge University
- School Expansion Consultation
- A Level Drama Performances
- Jack Petchey Awards
- INSET Day - 7th December
- Alice in Wonderland
- Sixth Form Open Evening
- Year 10 Work Experience
- Spring Table Top Sale
- Investors in People - Gold Status
- Year 9 Boys Borough Champions
- Dr.Stone visits Buckingham Palace
- Achievement Evening 2016
- A Level and BTEC results 2016
- The Great Fire of London Project
- So you want to be a doctor....?
- Pupil Leadership Team
- HFCS hosts Dutch teachers
- You're Hired
- Sixth Form Open Evening
- Christmas letter from Dr. Stone
- Ski Trip 2017
- Media Studies Trip to Disneyland Paris 2017
- Great Sporting Success
- Cairo School Visit
- IET Faraday Challenge
- Geography British Library Trip
- St. Patrick's Party
- Jack Petchey Winner
- Netball News
- Shining Success
- Student Vs Staff Sport
- Ice Hockey Success
- Parliamentary Reception
- Bouygues 2017
- BT Sports Trip
- Last Mass in Wiseman Chapel
- Holy Family Needs You!
- New Prefect Team
- Contributions Needed for Summer Fair!
- CALLING ALL STAFF, SIXTH FORMERS AND PARENTS
- Letter from Waltham Forest Secondary Heads
- Happy Summer Holidays! Summer Letter
- Summer School - Places Available
- Best Ever A-Level & BTEC Results 2017!
- Student Reactions to Best Ever Results!
- GCSE Result Success!
- Caribbean Night 2017!
- Cashless Catering Important Message
- Could you be a friend to Holy Family?
- Holy Family Open Evening This Week!
- Open Mornings
GCSE Result Success!
Congratulations to Year 11 students at Holy Family Catholic School who have achieved excellent GCSE results.
We are pleased to report that 49% of our students achieved both maths and English at the new strong pass of a grade 5 or better, with 61% achieving both maths and English at grade 4 or better. Overall there has been a significant increase in the number of grade 7-9 (A**, A*, A) results in English language, English literature and maths, with 74% of grades being a C and above across all subjects.
Headteacher, Dr Andy Stone comments, “We are very pleased with the outcomes, particularly with the high number of students achieving the Grade 5 and above. The new exams have been very challenging for students and staff and we are delighted with how many students have achieved the new 7, 8, 9 grades. Congratulations to all students and staff for their hard work.”
The following students achieved some exceptional results in this year’s GCSEs:
Greeshma Reji – 10 A*/A’s
Beth McQuarrie - 10 A*/A’s
Dariusz Dusynski - 10 A*/A’s inc. grade 9 maths
Thomas O’Brien - 10 A*/A’s inc. grade 9 English language & literature
Jakub Szczesnowicz - 9A*/A’s, 1B
Chissola Da Conceicao - 7A*/A’s, 4 B’s
Guillame Goodey - 8A*/A’s, 2B’s
Daniel Asare - 9A*/A’s, 1B
Aoife Taylor - 7A*/A’s, 2B’s
Riya Roychan - 9A*/A’s, 1B
Darren Ainembabazi - 7A*/A’s, 2B’s inc. grade 9 English literature
Cara Moran - 6 A*/A’s, 3B’s
Darius Malcolm - 6A*/A’s, 3B’s
Aiste Pokvytyte - 7A*/A’s, 3B’s
Niamh Drennan - 6A*/A’s, 3B’s
Candis Boateng - 7A*/A’s, 3B’s
Sean Curley - 7A*/A’s, 4B’s inc. grade 9 maths
Students celebrated as they opened their results, Thomas O’Brien said, “I’m so pleased with my grades and amazed at the Grade 9s in English literature and language especially as after the exams I was quite stressed but now I am so happy! I’m really looking forward to taking my A-Levels now.”
High numbers of our Year 11 students will return to Holy Family Sixth Form to continue their studies to advanced level. We want to congratulate all of our students on the excellent outcomes and wish them luck for the start of their new courses in September. Holy Family is an open access Sixth Form and is happy to welcome students from all faiths or none. If you are looking for a diverse range of subjects at a high performing Sixth Form we are enrolling now. Please visit our website for further information and to apply.
For more photos and student reactions please visit our Twitter & Instagram (@HFCSWaltham)